Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Yeah, Oh Yeah


So, I do plan to write something of some substance sometime soon. But for now...
Just for Fun: I found three versions (two covers) on youtube of a song I have liked for a while from the Magnetic Fields. Here is the original (mp3) of "Yeah, Oh Yeah", followed by a vid Stephin Merritt and Co. performing it live. The next two versions are by John Vanderslice and St. Vincent and Tullycraft (so fun!). Hope you like 'em.
"Yeah, Oh Yeah" mp3 by the Magnetic Fields
Magnetic Fields Live:


John Vanderslice and St. Vincent Live


Tullycraft Live

3 comments:

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

Hi, Mary. Thanks for the comment. I love your blog as well. Suburban Kids with Biblical Names is a fantastic band. Gotta love that Scandinavian pop.

The Flannery O'Connor quote I found at a blog called Whispers in the Loggia (http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/). This blog linked to a PDF file of a fascinating article/lecture by the archbishop of San Francisco. He quotes Flannery O'Connor from "The Habit of Being" which is a collection of her letters. It certainly is a great quote. :) Here is the article: http://www.usfca.edu/lanecenter/pdf/NiederauerOConnorLecture.pdf

billybryan23 said...

I've been a fan of Stephen Merrit, I love the 6ths. That Magnetic Fields video, however, looked like one tired performance in my opinion. It's a great song, the Tulleycraft live version is my favorite...